Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Roll of the Dice

I love Bon Jovi.  The kind of stalker-ish celebrate his birthday every year, know the names of his kids, subscribe to the email/facebook feeds, have every song they've ever published memorized, and google-earthed his house in New Jersey type of love.

It all started when I was six.  A girl at daycare was upset that her parents wouldn't let her have a Bon Jovi album. She was only allowed to have Genesys.  I decided to test out my parents cool-factor and told them that Bon Jovi was my favorite band ever.  I don't think they had any idea who/what Bon Jovi was, but soon enough I had a cassette of '7800 Fahrenheit'.  That Christmas my cool uncle supplied me with 'Slippery When Wet', and somewhere along the lines I got 'Bon Jovi' as well.

Bon Jovi has been with me for a long ass time. (and now the music is with my daughter as well).  And really, it's not because Jon is the hottest man in the world -- it really truly has more to do with the music hitting me at the times in life that I really needed help.  And then it happened again this week.

I put my notice in at work yesterday.  I have been contemplating this for a very long time.  I am extremely scared, nervous, and pretty much want to puke whenever I think about what I've just done. You see, I'm basically going to be self-employed in a commission-only type situation. I'm going back to what I seriously love though... I keep getting reminded though that our family loves our house, our food, our cars, our coats, blah blah blah. If going back to practicing law is what I love, I HAVE to make it work to pay our bills. This is what scares me. This is what scares my husband.

I was driving last week and "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" started playing. (If you need a JBJ fix, watch this).

Someday I'll be Saturday night
I'll be back on my feet, I'll be doing allright
It may not be tomorrow, baby that's okay
I ain't going down, I'm gonna find a way, hey, hey hey

 Hey man, I'm alive
I'm taking each day and night at a time
Yeah, I'm down but I know I'll get by
Hey hey hey hey man, I've gotta live my life
Like I ain't got nothing but the roll of this dice
I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be a Saturday night

So yeah, I do feel like a Monday.  A super terrible, have tons of meetings with no access to coffee, with screaming kids in the car, and have only fish sticks for dinner type of Monday.  This is the point in the post that I'm trying to come up with something hopeful, something witty to conclude the post with. 

But, really.... I've got nothing.  So I'll leave you with this:

Jon Bon Jovi - bon-jovi photo

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on going with your instinct and making the big job switcheroo! You'll do great and JBJ will be there to see you through all naked-like with abs o'steel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohoo! Congratulations on that step! And thank you for leaving us with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew about Bon Jovi until I heard about him from you. Congrats! I know you have been considering this and you will do great.

    ReplyDelete