Friday, February 11, 2011

Update: Girls' Night Out Mandate

One of my 2011 New Year's Action Items (posted here) "requires" me to get out of the house 1-time per month. Without the K-I-D-S or the H-U-S-B-A-N-D! Yippee!! (As fun as this does sound, it really isn't the easiest thing for me to do. I like to be all martyr-like.)  So, to remedy my last poop-filled post, here is the fun update of what I've been up to the past two months.

January:
I coordinated and instigated a movie date with my mom and my godmother. (For me, hanging out with my mom does count as a GNO. I have few friends. Shocker, eh?)  We went to see 'The Tourist' with Johnny and Big Lips.  I couldn't tell if the movie was supposed to be a comedy, an accidental comedy, or a drama. When it ended, we all just looked at each other and said "Ready for drinks??"  We crossed the frigid parking lot and went to Paradiso. Margaritas, chips, and enchiladas for me soon followed.  It was fun. I felt a bit revived.

February:
I had a friend/co-worker visiting from Leon, Mexico. Neither of us had ever been to Roller Derby, so we bought some tickets and headed out on a Saturday night. It took us a good 25-minutes to figure out the rules, and then after that it was mildly entertaining. There was no blood, and no hair pulling. (Turns out, you can't use your hands.)  We were only super scared of one of the "female" players.  (Patty still swears this person was a man.) After derbying it up for a bit, we headed to the new Billiards and met up with some other coworkers and their very, very odd collection of friends.  We had a couple drinks, some food -- and then my husband started texting me AT 9:15. "Are you okay?"  Yep, this is how lame parenthood has made me. If I'm not home by 9:15, something has to be wrong. Ack.  I made it home at the ungodly hour of 10:35, checked on the kids, and went to bed.

I have no plans for the remaining 10-months of the year. If you are up for helping me complete this mission, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. New Billiards? Did they move the one on Broadway? I have been gone too long...need to schedule a trip to come home soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a new billiards -- in addition to the 'old' one. here's the website -- check it out! the food is AWESOME. http://www.fargobilliards.com/

    And if you ever make it back here, please let me know. I'd really love to see you. I have very fond memories of hanging out with you in jr high/hs -- not quite sure why that stopped??!!!

    ReplyDelete