Sunday, June 13, 2010

GSD: Day Two

Breakfast: Pink pancakes, as requested by the four-year old princess.

Lunch: Brynn had a Bowl-Appetit four-cheese rotini microwave meal, and Jeremy made a sausage pizza. I had a sausage-less piece of pizza and a soda...maybe?? I don't remember. I'm very busy and important.

Afternoon Snack: More Cheez-its and a Coke

Supper: I had everything for lasagna shells (basically "lasagna" in a noodle shell) EXCEPT for the spaghetti sauce. Any other day, you know where I'd be... and I'd also be picking up some more soda as we're are just about out (I love me some bubbly caffiene), and I'd be picking up some more milk... and some bread... and some canned vegetables. So, to remedy my sauceless shells, I made some sauce like Martha Stewart would.. .well like she would if she were poor and in college and had no car or money. I put 2 cans of canned 'basil oregano' diced tomatoes, 1 small yellow onion, the leftover fresh tomatoes from Taco Wednesday, a spoonful of minced garlic, and a handful of chives from the garden into the blender, and VOILA! I made some pasta sauce. Brynn liked it so much that she started eating it straight from a cup! I liked it because it wasn't so salty.

I had to cook the lasagna shells for a bit longer in the oven than normally because with all the freshness oozing from the sauce, it got a bit soupy. However, end result, it was the tastiest I've ever made it - which now poses a problem because we don't have a lot of leftovers.

Problems: The husband is only, eh, 30% on-board with this no-grocery store game. He is out of Mountain Dew, which is like a regular person being without milk? water? So, he is whining like an injured puppy and is now drinking my soda. To thwart the rapid decrease in soda stock, I have started to drink ice water. I think he's gonna cave very soon.

I also have neglected to fully specify my "eating-out" intent. When I drafted my rules, I intended to not have take-out for supper for the family. I typically eat out for lunch a couple times a week. (yes, bad. i know) But since I didn't clearly state this discrepancy, I figure I better play along as best I can and not eat out for lunch this week either.

No comments:

Post a Comment