Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grocery Store Detox:

I’ve attempted this once before.. .on my own. It was not successful. I think I made it 3 days or so. (the “or so” part could possibly be interpreted as 2 days.) However, after learning about TelegaWoman’s similar affliction, I have decided that the time to act is NOW.

Here are my rules:

1) Beginning Saturday June 12 and ending Friday June 18, 2010 I will not purchase any food items at any grocery store or local retail chain (fancy words for Target and Walmart).

2) I will buy something from Tom the Schwan’s Man on my Wednesday night visit, however I promise to not consume it until after my detox is complete. (He has to work on commission doesn’t he?? I feel bad…)

3) I will not preemptively stock up on any groceries prior to this date. (Full disclosure – in anticipation of my detox, I did buy 2 packages of gnocchi last night when I would normally only buy 1, BUT IT WAS ON SALE).

4) I will not go out to eat, unless a family member (other than my husband and child) invites me.

5) I will not send a substitute family member to the store as a proxy.

6) The detox cannot begin now because my house is pretty stocked up as "Brynn’s Family Birthday Party" is planned for tomorrow night…. And I figure the left-overs will run out by Friday.

7) I am allowed to buy 1 gallon of milk prior to Friday should the gallon I currently have in the fridge run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment