Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friday is Supposed to be Fun.

and while this Friday had its bright spots, it also had a huge, looming, forboding, obnoxious, repulsive, undeniable STENCH about it. Let's look at the highlights first:

Remember a couple days ago when I told you that at work "we" had visitors from Leon, Mexico and Mumbai, India? Well, being as I pretend that i'm part Mexican, it was decided after I put the bug in a coworkers ear, that we should take our visitors to Acupulco (a restaurant that I frequent so often that the hostess has stopped me at the grocery store to chat and ask why I haven't brought the kids in lately). Here is what I ate (MMMMMMMMMM it's so GOOOOOD).
Ms. Leon, Mexico gave Acupulco two sombreros up, and we continued on to the grocery store as everybody needed to pick something up for later tonight. However, since there wasn't enough room in the vehicle for ALL of us due to carseat issues, I got to sit in the bitch-third-row fold out that was only accessible via the hatchback. (I hope you appreciate that this was documented for you.)
When we got home tonight -- where do you think Brynn headed??? Yep, that's right.

Okay, and now on to the dark forboding stinking putrid cloud. Do you remember previous posts where I discuss how much I dislike my job? How I cannot stand my supervisor?? If I knew how to link to previous posts, I would bc I must have at least 3-4 of 'em. Well, tonight, in honor of our visitors, my superdupervisor decided to host a BBQ in his smoky garage... (which is why we all had to go to the grocery store... Blech).
He handed me a beer. (++) And then he asked, "Kimberlie, would you like to have a cozy?" (---) "Um, what?... Oh a CAN COZY." And here is the "cozy" he gave me:



And here is a team picture -- I don't know if we intentionally took it while the superdupervisor was in his house or not... but we did and here 'tis:


When we left my supervisor gave me a hug. (shivers). When I got home, Brynn was still awake, so I was able to "cozy" with her, and Jeremy poured me a Morgan Coke and I took advantage of the instant Netflix stream.



No comments:

Post a Comment