Monday, May 3, 2010

And.... It's Sunday.

As is customary 7-days a week, I get up with Brando and do the early shift. We headed downstairs (very addicted to the instant netflix stream) and he was adamant that he play with his favorite toy. The remainder of the family joined us later on and a fight was a-brewing. Dang you Brandon for wanting to play with Brynn's favorite toy that she forgot even existed and hasn't laid eyes on in at least 6 months!! That was very naughty of you!
And here's my veggie burger lunch with ketchup (mmmmm) and swiss cheese (super mmmmmm). Let me take this opportunity to thank my sponsor, Coca-Cola, and also let me take this opportunity to thank my daughter for snatching my lunch before I got to eat it. (just kidding... kind of)



A couple weeks ago I made the rookie mistake of complaining about my daughter being invited to a birthday party. Murphy's Law attacked and we've had a birthday party just about every weekend since. Here she is before the gymnastics party started, and before she injured the birthday girl with a bathroom door and made her walk around with a bloody foot.



Here's Brynn with her daycare boyfriend. I think she was saying, "Does this frosting make me look super sweet? Tee hee." I think he's a keeper, because he 1) Likes the frosting look and 2) He totally put the straw in her juice box for her.


I'm pre-emptively stating that Boomy is sprouting at least 1 new tooth. In dire times such as these, I resort to the Gerber teething biscuits. They are only to be used in emergencies because, even though they make the baby very, very happy, a parent/guardian/supervisor/random adult MUST commit to a bath immediately afterwards (always for the baby, sometimes for the grown-up).
Here's BEFORE: (Notice the emergency -- no time to get the shirt all the way off.)






And AFTER: (Notice the "Something About Mary" hairdo -- but with biscuit.)



And that was our day -- more or less. I forgot to bring the camera to church, but Brynn and I did go. Let me confess that we only attend so that she can go to Sunday School, and that is all part of my "preschool readiness plan," as the whole preschool-kindergarten thing has me truly freaked out. It's all I can talk about to these parents that keep inviting us to these blasted parties.
Sunday was going to be my Blooper Reel day, but since I'm posting Sunday on Monday, then perhaps Tuesday will be the outtakes.
And as Firehouse once said, "That's All She Wrote." (Did you think I was going to say that you were "The Love of a Lifetime"? Ha! Nope.)



1 comment: