Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seven Pseudo-Interesting Facts About Moi.

So, silly Laura has tasked me with providing you three with 7 interesting facts about myself. Hmmm.... I do not know what is interesting about myself necessarily, so I have in turn tasked my family and friends with providing me with interesting facts. Oddly... only a couple of them had anything to say. I'm trying to not take this personally. Here's what they had to say:
My mother said:

(1): Intelligent, nurturing, sense of humor, impatient, loving, caring,
dominant, assertive, good speller, endearing …. Should I go on???

(Nope, that's good. Thanks, mom.)

My co-worker and new friend said

(2): You went to law school for 3 years and now spend your time arguing
with Indians all day long. Also you are VERY quick witted!

(This is true. My job does mean that I need to argue with actual Indians all day
long. At any given time I can tell you what time it is in India.)

(And for the record, she was my friend before she wrote these comments)

My bestest friend in the world that I have neglected since Brandon was born said this about me

(3): i think most things i know about you are probably more personal
than what others know and you probably don't want me to share... ;)
(Yes, that is true.) A rated G one, though, is: the tip of your noes
moves downward when you say "M" words. (Again, very true.)

My latin buddy (the language, not the heritage), HS friend, and re-discovered adult friend said this:

(4) Hmm.
I find your intense and long-lasting love of all things Bon Jovi
pretty interesting. Lots of people have fleeting loves, but yours is a
constant.

(I do love this man forever and always as long as we both
shall live.

Oh wait.. that's for something else.)

And --


(5) This may or may not be interesting, but I remember how you always
used to intentionally button up your sweaters the wrong way so that the buttons
were off by one. Like, the top button would go in the second button
hole.

(This I have no recollection of, and since I didn't have a drop of
alcohol until I was 20 2/3 years old, I know I wasn't drunk. I must have thought this was funny? Oh wait.. knowing myself in my high school days, I was probably trying to make a "statement" about nonconformity and doing what was expected of me...)

She goes on --
(6) In fact, that might be a pretty interesting thing after
all--the fact that many, many of my adolescent memories involve you. (insert: "Awwww that's sweet" here) Here's a brief rundown: Mexican Village salsa with a hint of onion, Junior Mint fiasco, "Hello, boys!" (again... I don't remember this one but I'm having a 'tip of the tongue' phenomenon with this one.), wool mittens from Herbergers (no real story, other than I always think of you when I think of mittens, which is fairly infrequent out here in the desert), and chicken
delivery.

(I would like to clarify that it was NOT Mexican Village salsa -- it was
either the closely packaged "Village" salsa or "Paradiso" salsa, and we found an entire damn onion in there. If you know the consistency of Mexican Village's salsa, you understand how shocking this was; the Junior Mint fiasco occurred during a screening of 'The Age of Innocence' -- when the lights came up, I had melted mints all over my sweater; I have a love of mittens; and the chicken delivery reference is a story worthy of several blog posts, but I'll leave it as "Yes, I have inadvertently and unknowingly participated in delivering frozen chickens across state lines, in a dilapitated van, in order to see a Cure concert.")

(7) I'm having a hell of a time formatting this post and it is infuriating me to no end. (Please reference my mother's description of me... she's right. I'm impatient. I'm done for tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment