Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Crossed-Fingers Victory

It has been approximately 34 weeks, or 238 days, or 66% of the past 1 year that I have not been able to sleep through the night. Blame it on the pregnant woman's bladder (and the pregnant woman's husband who would wake her up to make sure she was still breathing if her snoring subsided for an extended period of time) and then blame if on the newborn who legitimately needed assistance... and then finally blame it on the mother who could not get it through her head that the baby is only waking up and eating because she goes running in there to pick him up. (But whatever you do, don't Blame it on the Rain! Or the Stars in the Sky...)
It is currently 3:12 a.m. and he has just put himself back to sleep!! I kept telling myself (and the cat who was my copilot in this endeavor as the Husband sleeps through EVERYTHING) that if the baby started seriously getting worked up, "we'd" go in there and soothe him. He never did. This was the first time I actually listened to his cry before going to get him and I was surprised at what I heard. It wasn't the "FEED ME" cry, it was the "Come and Get Me" cry with a side of "I'm Kinda Bored, Lady. Entertain Me." I've been so paranoid about letting him cry for fear that he'll wake up his sister, that I've been ignoring the obvious (at least for tonight) - that he's not really hungry. He's just used to crying/whimpering whenever he wakes up.
The whimpering didn't last long (insert another disclaimer here as I do not want to jinx myself). Gavin the cat has estimated it at around 20 minutes or so. I dare say it was 17 minutes. I'd ask my husband, but he slept through it.
Alas, now I'm so pumped up on my little victory here, I can't sleep. I've harvested some crops and now I've shared with you all (or the 3 of you that I know look at this thing)... and now what to do? It is now 3:25 a.m.
Yeah! and Blah! at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment