Tuesday, March 30, 2010

North Dakotan Sensibilities...

I am not a fashion guru or icon by any means, but I do occasionally watch “What Not to Wear” and I also enjoy flipping through People magazine and offering my opinion on “Who Wore it Best?” So, since I have now established my credibility, here are the things that need to be rethought you silly citizens of Fargo-Moorhead:

1) If your children are wearing winter coats and boots, you should not be wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts. Your children’s sensibilities should also translate to you.

2) If you are wearing a winter coat, it is not seasonally appropriate to be wearing flip-flops. Every appendage should be free from frost-bite.

3) If there is still snow on the ground, do not wear summer gladiator sandals to church (or ever, if you ask me). You look silly and you will get cold.

4) 50 degrees DOES feel like a heat-wave, I understand. However, your 3 year old child might be a bit chilly in a short-sleeve shirt on the playground. And no, your cigarette smoke will not warm him up…it actually makes my child cough.

5) Not necessarily related to fashion, but to common politeness – Please pick up your Starbucks AFTER church and not BEFORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment