Monday, February 6, 2012

2011 Review -- How'd it go?

Originally posted at: http://itsaworkinprocess.blogspot.com/2011/01/list-for-2011.html.

Time to review how I did with my goals from last year:

1) Have a Girls’ Night Out 1x/month. I have successfully completed this action item for January!! Hooray! Now, who’s up for February – December?

Did I make it?: Yes, I was successful in forcing myself to interact with adults! For good measure, I went out 2x last week.  I expanded my comfort zone - went to Roller Derby, went to a pool hall, and had a couple too many beers on several occassions. Mission completed.

2) Update Kitchen. The Dream would be: New Counters (Quartz), an Undermounted Sink, New Floors, and New Paint. I will continue to live with the cupboards and appliances. I will settle for New Paint and New Floors.

Did I make it?: Epic fail. Nope.The closest I came to this goal was having my father-in-law measure my counters and floors. The floral border that was in my kitchen when we purchased the home 2 years ago is still there.

3) Update Front Yard. We need to increase the grade in the front-yard to avoid basement water seepage. A bonus would be to build some sort of retaining wall and get not dead yet plants.

Did I make it?: Nope. Nada. Fail.

4) Lose at least 20 pounds through healthy-eating and exercise. (sigh) This sucks, but it must be done. I’ll feel better and look better. It must be at-least 20 pounds. No compromising.

Did I make it?: Nope. Nada. Fail. I have lost about 10 pounds but not 20. Damn me for putting the 'at least 20 pounds' clause in there.


5) Make the leap and start law office. No more excuses, no more hiding behind “what-ifs.”

Did I make it?: YES!!! I'M A WINNER!

6) Have a garage sale and clean the house of excess crap.

Did I make it?: I completed this one as well. I used my proceeds to have a girls night out and too many Blue Moons.

7) Hire a babysitter for the kids and graduate from Hoffert training camp.

Did I make it?: Yes! The Hoffert administration issued my certificate of completion.

8) Become a master salsa maker this Summer and stock-pile salsa for winter months.

Did I make it?: Yes. I enjoyed some salsa just yesterday.

9) Seriously research and consider the possibility of buying Jeremy a new vehicle.

Did I make it?: Um. no. We did not have the finances to consider doing this.

10) Either eat lunch at home/work at least 2 days per week. I need to stop spending so much money on eating out.

Did I make it?: I didn't keep track of this, but I do believe I accomplished this.

11) Stay up until midnight on December 31, 2011.

Did I make it?: Yes I did!!


So, How'd I do?  I completed 7 of 11 goals for 2011, with a completion rate of  64%. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment