Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Day in the Life -- January Edition

Because it's fun.. Because I'm a team player..Because I like having a topic to blog about -- Here is a day in the life of me. (if you want to read more of these go check out the mothership in a day or so.)

I had to be to work early today (7:30am). Feel free to insert the usual comments about "OMFG it is early."



I checked on Brynn while I started to get ready.  Her sleeping habits always amaze me.  I have no idea how she can end up facing the complete opposite direction from the one she started out at...





When I heard the crib shaking at 6:40am, I knew that the Boomer was awake.  He starts the morning out with an aerobic routine followed by intensive giggling.  (Don't let the dazed look on his face fool you. He was just stunned by the flash.)

After wild man was freed, we went to check on Brynn.  After some prodding, she began her morning stretches.
(and no, I didn't realize her room was going to look like a victoria's secret box while I was painting it.)

Off to work I went. My first call was to hear about the audit results of an off-shore production center in India. What a great way to start a Wednesday at 7:30am. (yep, I paid attention on the right side, and FB'd it on the left side.)
Today I had about 10 million hours of conference calls to attend... It could have only been 2 hours, but details, SCHME-TAILS!

Here's a picture of Chantel getting ready to tell the woman from Veldhoven to shove it up her caboose. We really really can't stand the woman from Veldhoven.


At 11:04 am, Taya came over and told me a story about bed bugs. It was gross and I will remember it for always. After that, she signed the going away card for a coworker.


I spent much of my morning at work doing non-work work. I'm working on a brief for my attorney-friend.  I had to go meet with him at lunch time -- I was happy we didn't decide to eat outside.


I met with him for approximately 30 minutes before it was concluded that we should go and eat something. YIPPEE!! During our meeting, I had an Erin Brokovich-esque revelation with the file and I felt re-energized and optimistic about our client's prospect of winning!! (there was a big fat lie in the other person's application for a restraining order)
My first, and only, attempt at a self-portrait today.
For me, HEAVEN is spelled A-C-U-P-U-L-C-O. I would eat here every single day and love it every single time. 

My food arrived and my dining partner tried to stick his finger in my food....All during the meal, he was trying to get me to go put a sombrero on because "that would be a good picture for your Bog..Boog? What the hell is it?"
Ooooh I love you Acupulco!!
After lunch, I went back to "work" and worked all afternoon on my non-work work.  Good news -- I believe that the brief is done (for now anyways) and I am excited at the prospect of not having to work on it tonight. I like very much to veg out at night and lay like broccoli.

I did take a break from writing the brief to chat it up with Xtina. She didn't want me to take her picture, but I totally did anyways.Mu-ha-ha. (I totally love my work girls.)

Somebody in this picture is preggo, but I am not allowed to tell you who, yet.
The best part of my day!! I picked the kids up from daycare and we headed for home!! Well, we almost headed for home -- we had a special stop to make first...


Since our morning had to start out earlier than usual and since Jeremy took the kids to daycare (which only happens if I am out of town or on the super rare occassions that I have to go to work early) we bribed Brynn.  We agreed that if she was a good listener, had no tantrums this morning, and no crying jags for Jeremy in the car -- she could go to the donut store on the way home tonight. And praise cheezus, it worked.
Didn't know there were paparazzi in Fargo, did ya?
Yep, there are. They stake out the donut shops.

About this time, I began to hear "MOM!! What are you DOING??"


We got home and Jeremy was shoveling. As soon as he heard there were donuts, he stopped and came inside.

Here's my house. We've lived here for about 1 1/2 years.


We had donut time before supper.




Here is where my husband and I get into some friendly debates. He cannot stand that I let Brandon feed himself. I say "Eh.. he has to learn sometime."  My husband then says "I can't watch this."  Here are some pictures of the results:



After the applesauce... I did give him some spaghetti. He looked super special after that.

I was able to get a quick hug out of her...

before she ran away...

After the applesauce/spaghetti fiasco, Brandon had to go straight into the tub. I believe that it is time for the kids to each take their own bath, but it never fails -- as soon as one of them hears the water start running, there is a trail of clothes and two nekkid kids standing next to the tub.  (Brynn continues on with her interest to play with highness')



After the bath, the kids did one of their favorite activities -- Play with Other People's Shoes (and completely mess up the closet)




Brynn and I played a couple rounds of Alphabet Bingo and put together a puzzle.


And then it was bedtime for Boomer.  We read stories and then put him to bed at 8pm.


And then it was time for my least favorite time of the day... It was Brynn's designated Barbie time. And tonight, she had more bad news for me. I wasn't allowed to play with my favorite Barbie, because she was "frozen" and unable to move. As a result, she had to go sit in the corner and I had to pick out a new Barbie.






"MOM!!! Stop taking pictures and start playing Barbies with me!!"


 So that's my day! It was a pretty normal one.


2 comments:

  1. This was fun! Me likey. I'm happy that you are also a mom who bribes her children with bakery items, tries (and fails) separate baths, and is forced to play Barbies (sometimes against her will). Makes me feel... normal-ish? The biggest diff is that you can actually remember what you did in a day. Alas, I can't retain information for more than 2 hours. /ADD fail.
    PS - When I get back from Seattle, we should have our lil' Barbie girls get together and play so that their Mamas don't have to. Their Bro-bros can also play. And their Mamas too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm going to try for a third time to comment. I enjoyed your day, funny lady. And why didn't I know about Acupulco when I lived in Fargo? Was I blinded by Mexican Village?

    ReplyDelete