Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Totally Inappropriate Story to Share...

The kids were in the tub last night. They were playing without issue, so I went to throw a diaper away in the kitchen.  I returned to the bathroom 10 seconds later and this is what I  heard:

Daughter:  "Mom, I'm touching Brandon's heighness. With a 'poon!"

Me: "Um.. what?"

Daughter: "I'm touching his heighness!"

Son giggles and begins to laugh hysterically.

Me: "Oh, you're touching his PENIS with a SPOON??!!"

Daughter: "Yes! His highne-PE-ness!! And he likes it!"

Son continues to laugh hysterically as daughter demonstrates.

Me: "Oh, okay. Well, don't do that anymore okay? You don't need to touch his private parts. He doesn't touch your vagina, so just leave him alone."

Daughter: "Oh he can touch my be-gina." (daughter stands up and hands brother the spoon).

Me: "Okay, bathtime is over!"

*******

So, I later relayed a portion of this story to my mom and she was horrified. The part that horrified her was that I acutally use the words "penis" and "vagina" with my children.  Her opinion was that maybe the word "bottom" was more appropriate for the entire boy/girl private part region and that specific details could emerge later on in life... I disagree. So, I ask you, if you can get over the weirdness of my children, what do you let your kids call their "bottoms" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment