Monday, July 26, 2010

Sound Bites from 15th Street

1) I'm home pre-emptively nursing the children back to health from their assumed pending colds.  I'm making them both consume (probably) unhealthy amounts of vitamin c.  It's making me feel better.

2) I shall have a late-lunch comprised entirely of coke and kraft mac-n-chese explosions.  I have to eat this when jeremy isn't home because he can't stand the cheese explosiveness. (his distaste for cheese and chocolate were serious questionmarks when evaluating his long-term relationship potential, back in the day of course.)

3) I have just doused the noodles with sriiracha hot chili sauce to add even more explosiveness to the meal, and to deter Brynn from eating anymore of it. I have food agression issues, even when it comes to my children apparently.

4) I have lost my debit card for about the 10th time now.  So far, nobody has used it. I've looked for it for about a week -- I called and cancelled it this afternoon.  The woman assured me that my husband never has to know. (I can say stuff like that on here, because even though I repeatedly send him the link to view my blog, he does not.)

5) I made cucumber salsa this weekend. the recipe needs a bit of tweaking, but it was still pretty good. I was able to use a lot of my "garden harvests." 

6) I'm just now realizing that whenever you put anything "in quotations" it immediately sounds "dirty."

7) A Fine Balance finally got good at page 300. It was page 300 exactly. I looked and thought, "Hmpfh. That's a pretty precise number."  I still have several hundred pages left.

No comments:

Post a Comment