Friday, January 22, 2010

Walmart is a Weiner Glob.

First to explain my title. I have a wonderful book that all people must own. It comes in handy in moments of extreme frustration. It's called "Creative Cursing: A Mix and Match Profanity Generator." http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Cursing-Match-Profanity-Generator/dp/0762435755 (that's the best link i can do for now... someday i will learn how to type Here and it will take you there... but today, no.) So.. today the book said that Walmart was a weiner glob.

I was at the weinerglob store for 2 reasons. First, Brynn filled up her sticker-reward chart and I owed her some prizes for her good behavior. Second, I was forced to take a late lunch on Wednesday, so I had already snacked up a storm at my desk and was no longer very hungry. I decided to go have a midday mini-retreat with Brynn -- and the weinerglob is the closest store to her daycare.
So I picked her up and took her there. She decided on a Chixos Design-a-Loft http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11064064 (weirdest thing I've ever seen), and a coloring book. While being the weirdest thing I've ever seen (water as an adhesive, really??) Brynn had a fantastic time with it on Wednesday night... and so did my husband. I went to work on Thursday and shared these details with my coworkers. In an attempt to illustrate said Chixos Luxury Loft, I looked it up on weinerglob's website -- WHERE IT WAS ADVERTISED FOR $5 CHEAPER THAN I HAD PAID... and it said it was only available online. "This is weird," i thought to myself. My coworker encouraged me to call the weinerglob, so I did.
Their response, "Yeah! I totally hate when that happens, but we can't refund you the difference. Walmart.com is totally different than Walmart stores. We can't match prices." So I called another local weinerglob and got the same response. After instructing them to let their management know that I will never buy products from them again, I promptly ordered another Chixos Loft gadget from the website. My plan: To return my $15 loft with my $20 receipt that I recieved with my original purchase. Hah! I'll get you weinerglob.
Why do they have to make things so difficult? (insert exhausted sigh here).

No comments:

Post a Comment