Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Confessions...of a 30 Year Old Drama Queen

Since I can't think of anything to write about... I figure if I confess my deepest darkest secrets, my conscious will be cleared and good ideas will come to me. (deep breath) Here it goes:

1. I hate talking on the phone. I get bored and I often say "okay, that's all." Since I typically only talk to 2 people on the phone (my mom and my husband -- I avoid all others), I usually get a reply like "Are you okay? You sound mad?" I instantly feel bad and start to make up problems to justify my tone and/or abruptness. "Um, yes. I had a long day at work and ________ made me cranky." or "I am okay, I am just tired. Brandon was up a lot last night." (Sorry Brando.)

2. I hate washing my hands as I have a love for hand sanitizer. The bathroom at work has hand sanitizer. (YIPPEE) However, there are multiple stalls.... so if i am not the only person in the bathroom, I feel inclined to "pretend" wash my hands so if a person in a neighboring stall saw my shoes and knows that the navy blue slip-ons with a buckle belong to me, they will not spread nasty rumors that I am a dirty girl. If other people are washing their hands then I simply must play along and really wash them. Ugh.

3. I LOVE kicking the ice dingleberries that collect on the mudflaps and bumpers of my car.. and other people's cars too. I try to only kick them off of cars that I know. I get a big sense of accomplishment from this.

4. I like to go grocery shopping between the hours of 4-7pm because there are Caribou Coffee Happy Hours at all Hornbacher locations. You simply cannot beat 50% off of all drinks - and since I'm doing my grocery shopping, the Husband never knows about my secret purchase or the real impetus of me NEEDING to get food for supper.

5. I use nursing the baby as ways to get out of things. "Oh, Husband. I can't do the dishes - the baby has to eat soon." or "Husband, you need to take out the garbage, the baby is getting fussy."

That's all I can think of now.

3 comments:

  1. 1. My awkwardness reaches an all time high on the phone. Thus, I avoid.

    2. I really miss Hornbachers. It really does mean quality and savings, 24 hours a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, while Hornbacher's is your 24-Hour Food and More Store -- YOU have Byerly's, Trader Joe's, AND SuperTarget. I miss them a lot. (You also have Cub. I totally don't miss that dump)

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: #3 - that is one of the best things about winter.

    ReplyDelete