Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last Half of Summer To-Do List

Summer is almost over. I've been carrying around Brynn's school supply list in my purse for 2-weeks now. Target keeps telling me that pencils and crayons are on sale.  Come August 26, what will I have to show for my Summer??

We've had some windows replaced in our house, including a really large bay window addition in our new master bedroom, so this is good. But what else?  I've kept the garden alive, including a vine borer attack on my zucchini that had me binging, googling, and racing to menards to kill the little bastards that were eating my plant.... but I need to do more.

To help me get that much needed sense of accomplishment, I have made my to-do list:

1)      Get Brynn’s new room painted. (Long story short, she swapped rooms with me. I painted my room and put in a bay window. She is still living in chaos with a country blue room.)

2)      Make a new vegetarian recipe for the family. (I'm getting tired of cooking them food I won't eat. I think they should get served food that THEY won't eat once in a while! lol. Maybe they'll like it.)

3)      Get either the kitchen or the bathroom painted. (with the new windows in the living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms, it has me on a house redo kick.)

4)      Work out at least 20 times on the new elliptical machine. (work out = more than 20 minutes)

5)      Survive the trip to Kansas, and blog about it. (We are going on a trip to visit my dad and stepmom.... and we are driving.)

6)      Get Brynn’s 6 year and Brandon’s 3 year pictures taken. (I'm going to try and get them scheduled at the same time.)

7)      Resolve at least three cases (options include: AF, ML, BH, or RB) ( I have a number of cases that are just begging to have a fork put in them, yet they just keep hanging on. I want to get them done so I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night thinking about these people anymore!)

8)      Go out for a girl’s night. (who's in?)

9)      Have a date with my husband. (I'd like to go to a restaurant without the children. Movie optional).

10)   Finish watching Mad Men and Breaking Bad on Netflix. (I'm 1 season away from finishing Mad Men... and I might have 2 seasons left of Breaking Bad. )

No comments:

Post a Comment