Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh Mondays...

Oh that familiar obnoxious melody that causes every parent to quickly shuffle the children indoors, frantically close the windows and draw the blinds, and then turn the tv on really, really loud....

Yes, Monday night is when the ice cream truck comes S-L-O-W-L-Y rolling through our neighborhood.

I think the song of the ice cream truck is powerful enough to wake a child from a coma.  It's like the call of the Sirens...but for sugar-addicted children.



So, last Monday I prepared myself, and I prepared Brynn.  "Eat your supper -- all of it-- if you want me to even consider the ice cream man tonight."

When the obnoxious haunting creepy melody could be heard, we gathered up our dollars and went to purchase the least-messy thing he sold.

Yeah, that was a bit of a fail.



A bit of brain-freeze ensued...


But it was sure tasty.

Bathtime soon followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment